dimanche 29 juin 2014

1999 E46 318i automatic transmission issue

The automatic transmission doesn't have final drive, 1st & 2nd gear is fine but when I get up to about 60km the car just revs up and I lose transmission drive...the car still moves but no real power. There are times when it happens I'll stomp on the accelerator and the gear will kick in then go again. I also hear the gear light come on, on the dash board.



If I have it in Sport mode I can get up to 70km but I'm assuming it holds the gear ratio longer to do that...and then any faster it will do it again.



I suspect it will be the torque convertor more than need a new gear box.



I managed to find the ATF tank under the Air Intake box to my readings was not even on the gauge which is the stem part of the cap. The ATF fluid is low so.....will topping it up hopefully rectify this issue???





Sent from BimmerApp mobile app




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire