lundi 30 juin 2014

Help My 325i Starts then dies

I have a 2004 325i and as of 4 days ago it refuses to run.

When I crank it on a cold start it starts then runs incredibly rough and dies when you try to put it in gear. Then when you try to restart it, it dies immediately after starting.



In the past I have had this problem and at first I was able to resolve it simply by racing the engine for a few seconds. Then there came a point where that no longer worked so I tried charging the battery and that worked.



The racing the engine worked the first time this dying problem occurred 4 months ago. The charging the battery fixed the problem both times this happened 3 and 1.5 months ago.



The fact these solutions fixed the problem in the past led me to believe I had an electrical issue. So I took the battery and got it tested. It performed in like new shape (its about 2 years old).



The parts guy Suggested it might be the alternator which at the time made sense because of the symptoms and the rate at which they occurred. So I replaced the alternator. No Luck The car still dies.



So after that I go to the store and rent a code reader. It gives me lean codes and P0444. After browsing the forums I begin thinking it might be the disa valve. So I remove the disa valve and sure enough it has failed and is rotating freely. I then replace the disa valve. The car still keeps dying.



I then think based on the forums that maybe its a fuel problem. So I get a fuel pressure gauge and hook it up. It reads 40 psi which makes me think maybe the fuel filter is clogged so I replace the filter/pressure regulator and all of the rubber connectors attached to it. Still no luck



After this I thought maybe it is a vacuum leak so I looked up probable locations for that. There are no cracks or holes in the intake boot and it looks in fairly new condition. the vacuum lines attached to the boot also appear to be in good condition. no luck there



I decide then maybe its the fuel pump causing the issue based on more forum research and people with similar symptoms having there problems solved by fuel pump replacement. No Such luck it still won't run.



Thats where I am out of ideas. Thank you for any help you can Give!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire