jeudi 6 juillet 2017

What E46 parts have you bought, but never ended up using?

We've all bought parts at one point or another and never ended up using it. Got too busy, changed your mind. What did you buy, why didn't you use it, and where are the parts now? Old/replaced parts don't apply. Only parts you bought with the intent of using.

I bought professional high-spec German bearings for an alternator rebuild (as PM). Thought it would be a trivial task to run down to my local alternator shop and have them pressed in. I just put it off and didn't feel like dealing with it. We all just replace the voltage regulators but the bearings, rarely. And since reman units usually have cheaper chinese bearings, I figure I wanted top notch stuff. I never got around to it and the bearings rusted outside. :lmao:

I bought a tilt sensor and motion sensor, thinking my tilt sensor or motion sensor was bunk. But found out I had to have all three components for it to work. I'm not sure where they are now. I think in a landfill.

Mobil1 0W-40. I gave it to a friend for his Lexus.


I'm sure there's more...


What E46 parts have you bought, but never ended up using?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire