mercredi 5 juillet 2017

Starter replacement: Bosch SR9507X or SR0448X?

I have a 2003 330i ZHP and the starter was replaced 3 years ago at around 100k miles. I'm almost at 160k now and the starter went out a few weeks ago. Out of the blue it just gave me a loud "click" noise like the solenoid was engaging but not spinning.

The indy shop that did the work replaced it with BMW P/N 12 41 2 354 693 which is what RealOEM shows. I ordered another starter with the same P/N and got a Bosch SR0448X unit (reman). I'm in the process of doing a DIY replacement and when I finally got the old one out :banghead: I was surprised that the indy shop put in a Bosch SR9507X unit which is shorter so I'm exchanging the SR0448X tomorrow.

The Bosch website says that the SR9507X is mostly compatible with 2004 and newer models while the SR0448X is for older vehicles. Does anyone have a clue what the difference is?

http://ift.tt/2us26Nq

http://ift.tt/2urNAFJ

Lastly, it was a PITA trying to get the inner (top) starter bolt out. What am I doing wrong? Can I get it from the top without removing the intake manifold?

I have it on a lift.

Removed the fuel filter cover.

Removed the heat shield cover to remove the four transmission mount bolts.

Lowered the transmission as much as I could.

The outer bolt was easy enough with a swivel joint and plenty of extensions but I couldn't get to the other one without lowering the exhaust and probably other needless things.


Starter replacement: Bosch SR9507X or SR0448X?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire