mardi 4 juillet 2017

Power Brake Booster Vacuum Valve

New member here looking for DIY (or don't DIY) advice on a 2002 330ci. I just replaced the upper and lower intake boots. There was lots of swearing involved (the clamps were in the least convenient orientation possible), but I got it done. However, in the process, I somehow managed to snap the top off the power brake booster vacuum valve.

I've found the replacement part online. It's available by itself or with the both the hose that connects to the upper intake boot and the larger hose that connects somewhere below that I haven't yet seen. I'm inclined to get the valve that includes the hoses. I figure I'd tear 'em up anyway removing them.

Here's where I need advice. Has anyone replaced this before? Where does the lower hose connect? Is it difficult to access, remove and replace?

My mechanic skills aren't anything to write home about, which should be obvious at this point. I've changed plugs, the DISA valve, the MAF sensor, but that's about it.

I'm debating whether to try to tackle this myself or run the car to a local independent mechanic. I'd appreciate any tips, advice, warnings, etc., that anyone could offer. Thanks!


Power Brake Booster Vacuum Valve

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire