jeudi 6 juillet 2017

Upgrading the Green one. 330i

I'll start with the most recent upgrade and go back through a few others and update as time goes on.

KONI FSD Shocks, Eibach Spring, Eibach Sway Bars,

Big day for the little green one.

New springs, shocks, mounts, links, sway bars, and rear brakes.



The rear spring have hardly any drop at all but they are definitely stiffer and slightly lower.



Fronts had a much more dramatic drop.


Everything bolted up nicely,


Biggest pain the ass was the rear sway bar. I watched tutorial on doing it beforehand by BAVAUTO and they had the car up in the air and were reaching over the control arm over there head to get this link off, they skipped ahead of course till it was done but cant imagine what a pain the ass it would have been to do it like that. So whatever a tutorial says, take them off like this, even if you are not changing the suspension it is easy enough to unbolt the shock and remove the rear spring for easy access.

Difficulty was not in the links but just getting it out with exhaust hindering the space, I recommend unbolting the rear of the exhaust immediately, I did this for install of the new one but not removing the old one, it only take a minute and would make removing it that much easier as well.


Sway bars did not look all the bigger but felt near twice as heavy when I picked them up. You can see the difference when side by side though.



New rear mounts by ECS seemed like much better quality than OE.


Driving it initially felt a bit funky, like it need to settle, it did. After driving 150 miles back home the drop was more apparent and everything felt nice and tight. Driving to work this morning on the route I take everyday really made the changes stand out.

While doing the swap I found the left rear shock was completely blown so its a little difficult to do a fair before and after comparison but it rides much smoother but more firm at the same time if you can get that? Body roll is drastically reduced and steering much more precise.

As I suspected after reading many many reviews and descriptions of what this setup would be I am glad to have gotten it for my daily. I'd say a perfect blend of comfort and sport for everyday driving that you'd have new qualms about taking through the hill for some "spirited driving".

The drop was not extreme at all which I am happy about, I don't want to be scraping on bumps or going into high angle driveways.

Before


After


Upgrading the Green one. 330i

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire