jeudi 6 juillet 2017

Is a lightweight flywheel supposed to chatter under load? (ECStuning kit)

I recently bought and installed the ECStuning lightweight flywheel kit with the e34 M5 clutch.

I also changed out: tranny mounts, flex disc, rear main seal, trans seals, detent springs, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, clutch fork, clutch pivot pin, and I a few more little items I don't have off the top of my head.

While the clutch feels great, I notice a pretty strong chattering noise between roughly 2000 and 3000rpm- almost comes on like an exhaust drone. Sound is similar to a diesel truck taking off, or if i were to exaggerate a little, nuts and bolts rattling in a can.

I called ECStuning and was told this is probably normal, but am a little weary considering I didn't see it mentioned on any review from other e46fanatics member, and they themselves advertise it as not having chatter.

At first I thought it was a motor mount issue, as my driver side mount is pretty much shot (it is currently being replaced), but there is no vibration at all when the chatter comes on. I am hoping changing the motor mounts will fix it, but I highly doubt that this will be the case.

Other forums I looked through (nissan, hyundai genesis, etc.) mentioned that this may be normal behavior for a LWFW, but I never saw it mentioned on any BMW forums.

Could this just be a break in issue? Any suggestions?

Thank you!


Is a lightweight flywheel supposed to chatter under load? (ECStuning kit)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire