jeudi 6 juillet 2017

Urgent Help Required - BMW 3 Series N46

Hello everyone,

Just signed up to this site in hope to get some help solving the problem with my car!

I'll start with the basics.

My car is a :

BMW 3 Series SE 318i Petrol
E46 Engine/N46
2005/2006 plate
147k milage

Always passed all mots with no advisories, very well looked after. Spotless should I say! Always serviced regularly ect..

I have had the codes read with my diagnostics code reader and also by my mechanic. The following codes where found. P0150 - P1062.

Having spent many many hours researching forms in depth. Having had the car in and out of the garage replacing parts I thought was nessesary to repair the problem.

Ive had these parts changed:

Both Vanos Solenoids (Front engine)
Eccentric can shaft sensor
Rocker cover "this was needed due to old one being sealed"
VVT motor.

Still the problem has not gone and I am stuck after spending £500!

The EML light/Limp mode only comes up after the engine is hot. I understand that the VVT motor comes into play when the engine is hot, hence the replacement.

I can go out and start the car as normal, it will start fine, sound fine and drive fine. Pulls as it should in every gear and is NOT sluggish! Engine wise when the car is on it drives like new! I can drive the car for 10-15 minutes depending on the temperature outside also, stop the car and restart absolutely fine. The car will also drive for hours "tested", without the engine being turned off and it will drive fine the whole time. As soon as the engine is hot, you simply stop the engine, press the start button and bam the good old engine management light and limp mode. If left for roughly 30 minutes to cool down, start again it starts completely fine! There in my opinion has no funny sounds which could indicate timing chain ect, I am completely out of ideas.

If any body is able to help me Id be so great full of what I could try next to get this horrible problem fixed, it seems like it should be such a simple and easy fix! Considering how the engine runs when on, drives like a dream until it's restarted!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, I hope ive given ample explanation.

Thanks in advance! AJ


Urgent Help Required - BMW 3 Series N46

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire