mercredi 5 juillet 2017

High RPM misfire and lean condition.

Hey guys,

Ive owned my E46 (02 325i Touring, auto) for the last 50k miles. It is now at 172k.


Ive got a problem. And now it is getting worse.

For the last few months, I have not been able to redline the car in 2nd gear (65mph, oddly first gear is not a problem). Then a couple of weeks ago the same thing happened at about 4k in 3rd. (I drive a lot of back country roads, and a mountain commute).

What is happening? Fuel cut, always of two cylinders at once. 5th cylinder loves to do it, but not always. Sometime it two bank 2 cylinders, sometimes one bank 1 and one bank 2, I dont know if I have ever seen two bank 1 cylinders get fuel cut. I always get P0171 and P0174 at the same time. So WOT to 6k in 2nd, and instead of it shifting to 3rd gear and keep on accelerating, fuel cut (it may be still shifting to 3rd...)

Here is the most recent log:
Current Fault Log
------------------
P0151: O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0171: System too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174: System too Lean (Bank 2)
P0313: Misfire Detected with Low Fuel
P0444: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Open
P1351: Misfire Cylinder 5 With Fuel Cut-off
P1351: Misfire Cylinder 5 With Fuel Cut-off

This was done at about 4k in 3rd gear, WOT.


What I have done to the car:
-I was running a Oil catch can, but now back to a new CCV.
-Intake has been off the engine, new gaskets then, no cracks in intake boots at the time.
-I just went and replaced all my intake boots, some vacuum lines, found a cracked rubber plug on the back of the intake and replaced it.
-Disa O-ring and air distribution o-rings.
-Valve cover; **** plastic covers, grabbed a straighter one from the Junkyard at RTVed it down with a new gasket, no more leaky oil!
-Fuel filter and pump last weekend, Filter had obviously been replaced before, pump was original. Yes I did the vacuum line down there(Filter was a Mann, Pump VDO)
-Of course all the standard coolant stuff, belts/pulleys, and OFHG.
-I did do valve stem seals last October...


How the car is running right now:
Mostly fine. I think my Disa valve diaphragm just died, suddenly have no torque, revs fine though. New in the last month, 2k hesitation. At around 2k rpm the car hesitates 4 out of 5 times. It rockets to 2k, falls on its face, shoots back to normal.

With the new Fuel Pump (Did it two days after the filter) My MPG gauge on the dash is way more active and more biased to bad MPG. Before I replaced the pump I was having some surging in the higher RPMS, I think its odd as the fuel pump doesnt connect to a vacuum source...


What I havent done, Smoke test to check for any other possible vacuum leaks. O2 sensors are still stock, Probably should take a scan of their readings. That 02 sensor code is new to me.

P0444... research has led to... replaced the associated solenoid... and if that doesnt do it then...


So, what info do you guys need/want? What should I do next? I have Torque Pro on my phone, and I once had INPA working on my laptop. I also have PAsoft.


High RPM misfire and lean condition.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire