jeudi 6 juillet 2017

$10 PayPal to whoever can correctly identify this clanging noise under braking!

Recently changed my clutch, flywheel, transmission mounts, etc.

Upon test driving, I've noticed a few problems, this being the most concerning one. Under medium-hard braking, there is this horrible clanging noise that sounds like something is loose under the car and dragging on the ground. I've inspected underneath and found nothing dragging. As of now, I know that my driver side motor mount is shot (both sides being replaced tonight), and my driver side control arm bushing has starting coming out of its carrier (new replacement on the way from FCP).

Is it possible that one of these is causing the noise? It continues for a second or two after the car is fully stopped, but not every time. At first I thought it was the engine shifting under load and hitting the fan against the shroud, but I quickly remembered there is no physical connection between the engine and the fan on manuals, just electrical. Has anyone heard anything like this?

If you believe it is something else, you are correct, and you were the first person to post the answer, I will gladly paypal you $10 for taking the time to help me. (I will be checking out all suggestions starting next week when my new control arm comes in, unless the motor mount resolves the issue before then. This car has been nothing but headaches for the last few weeks, with one big problem after the other, and I simply do not have the luxury of spending extra time to figure it out (at least for the next several weeks).

Here is the noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxUTJ30kIbw


$10 PayPal to whoever can correctly identify this clanging noise under braking!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire