mercredi 5 juillet 2017

Misfires :/

Hi there,
I have a 2001 BMW 325XI with 180,000 miles. My dad bought the car when it had 3,000 miles on it and we've maintained it ourselves since, and I bought the car from him when I turned 18.

I went on vacation for a few days last weekend and the car was sitting unused for 4 days. I drove it when I got back for around 15 miles after warming it up, and then I had to pass someone when merging and floored it (almost redlined) and then I felt a shaking coming from the front and a minute later it started to misfire. Pulled over, let it sit and started it again and continued to misfire in cylinder 3 according to my OBD II scanner. Got it towed home, changed the ignition coil and the misfire persisted in the same cylinder. The spark plugs were replaced with premium NGK plugs 7,500 miles ago. I then proceeded to do a compression test, and got around 205-210 PSI in cylinders 1,2, 4, 5, 6. Got 155 PSI in cylinder 3. I am super confused. Someone told me to put a drop of oil in that 3rd cylinder, and I did and the compression tester gave me 250 PSI in that 3rd cylinder. Huh?

As to my testing procedure: pulled the DME relay, removed all coils and plugs, plugged in the Bosch compression testing kit ($70, should be high quality?) and floored the gas and let the engine roll over 6 times on each cylinder.


Misfires :/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire