jeudi 6 juillet 2017

Steering hard to turn

I replaced all belts and pulleys on my 325i - noticed the ps pulley had some play - and am getting a lot of "rattle" from the front of engine when idle.

Screw driver test on pump showed a lot of noise coming from that area - so I replaced the pump with a Napa remanufactured one.

That also has a similar play on the pulley (I pulled a pump from a '99 in the junk yard and it had no play - but does not fit my '03).

Anyway rattle is still there - I think vanos now - but after I refilled pump reservoir and bled (turned lock to lock a few times with cap off) - I get a slight hum from pump when turning the wheel at parking speeds and sometimes the steering is very heavy at park speeds.

Fluid level with BMW ATF is good. Old fluid came out red - and looked fine. Put in redline d4 atf to

Above 10 mph steering is fine (and feels tighter than the old pump - in a good way)

Do I have a bad pump or should I check something else ?


Steering hard to turn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire