mardi 27 mai 2014

road trip (rent or e46?)

Have 2004 e46 325i with 73k miles Auto. Recently changed spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump and oil changed. Maf sensor cleaned every 3 months since I purchased car last November.



I have long road trip coming up in July 24-august 03. It starts off from San Francisco - Yosemite national Park - Las vegas (+hoover dam) and LA (gonna go multiple places) and back to SF. I googled it and it is about 1600 miles (with driving in downtown and yosemite)



I purchased new expansion tank and upper and lower hoses and sensors and new OEM water pump (composite propellers) And thinking of getting thermostat housing.



My concern is that I have transmission problem. It goes limp mode twice-three times a month giving p0733 incorrect third gear ratio. But when I restart car or clear it with obd, it drives fine and never give me problem when driving nor transmission is warm/hot.



However I am bit concerned because I am taking 2 friends to this trip and they have plane to catch at LA. I am not worried about engine but it is transmission that gets me with all that heat from LA and las vegas....and driving it from yosemite to vegas takes 7hours....



Should I just spend 500 bucks to rent ford fusion or risk it. I've talked to bmw mechanic and he is sure that I need new transmission. But as a owner, I don't think it is mechanical problem rather electrical kind.



And also I have some low whining noise coming from under my car (where transmission is) when ever I am in stop with holding down brake.



what do you guys think?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire