samedi 31 mai 2014

Questions about exhaust systems

Hey everyone, so first of all, I'm getting my e46 m3 this summer :D and being as excited as I am, I'm purchasing all of the parts that I want for it ahead of time so that I'm ready for it.



After hours and hours of reading threads and listening to YouTube videos, I finally decided what exhaust system setup I want. I want to do fabspeed headers, and then supersprint for the rest of the system.



My problem is though that I then proceeded to look up these parts to get prices and, well they're sky high. I'm wondering if the prices I found are truly the real costs, or of I'm just doing something wrong, which is likely since I'm not too familiar with how exhaust systems work.



Fabspeed Sport Headers

$1095



Supersprint Section 1

$590



Supersprint Section 2 Resonator

$810



Supersprint Performance Muffler Gen 2

$1815



Those are the prices I found. If there right, then my exhaust setup I want would cost me over 4 grand, which is wicked expensive for me to be able to do atm. Am I doing something wrong?



My other question would be, am I getting my parts right? From what I know there's the headers, then section 1 and 2, then the Muffler. One of the sections is the catalytic converter, and the other is the mid pipe? Or connecting oupe? Or something I saw called the X pipe? As you can probably tell, I'm pretty lost lol.



Someone please help me!



P.s. I really liked the sound made by using a supersprint setup except with eBay headers, and they're extremely more affordable but, I also read a lot of bad reviews by people saying that they don't fit in the car and so on. And I have no clue where to find the eBay headers anyways. I would love them tho.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire