mercredi 28 mai 2014

E46 intermittent start issue

So yesterday I had a dead battery and I replaced it with a bigger one providing more CCA then the regular battery. Car started fine. Last night it rained, my car is backed into my driveway which is a slight hill, so the front end of the car is at the bottom of the hill. I came out this morning and it wouldn't start, it would crank but that's it. I have a quarter tank of fuel in the car. I tried starting it again later in the day when it was more dry outside and it started right up. Note the time when it wouldn't start I could not hear the fuel pump, and when it did start I could hear the fuel pump. Could it be the fuel pump is on its way out or is water getting somewhere it should be? Also, will having a more powerful battery cause electrical issues?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire