mardi 27 mai 2014

Bad alternator or shortage in the system?

Hey all,





During a routine grocery shopping trip to Walmart last week in my 2005 325i, I stopped at a gas station to fill up some gas. After stopping the engine, it would not turn over and all it did was an electric clicking noise. I figured it had to be a low battery. After waiting about five minutes the car started but had no power during acceleration. Also check engine light turned on as well as the brake and ABS lights. All electronics were dead, windows would not roll down, A/C wouldn't work as well as only two front radio speaker were working. After getting home I tied starting the car again and all I got was that clicking sound.

I went ahead and bought a new battery at Walmart (EverStart MAXX-H6). The car started right up and was running just fine and check lights went away for about three days until the brake and ABS light came on suddenly and it died on me again about 5 minutes later. I had someone jump start me but the car died after 30 seconds of running. I went ahead and bought a new battery yet again and it runs just fine now. (I parked the car and disconnected the batteries for now until I can figure out the issue).

I took both batteries to Autozone to get them tested and it came out that both batteries were above 11.65V. Could it be a bad alternator or a shortage somewhere in the system that is draining the battery? How would I check for a bad alternator? I appreciate for all the help in advance guys!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire