vendredi 30 mai 2014

Advanced Flow Engineering (aFe) cold air intake stage 2 DIY guide and review

Howdy all!



As the second in the series, I worked with aFe to do a detailed installation guide and review of their stage 2 kit for the M3. aFe makes a really broad set of products for many vehicles, not just the E46 and I have no doubt whatsoever they are as good across those platforms as well. I wish they had kits for my Suzuki GSX-R!



I wanted to share the DIY install guide here to encourage folks to do this work yourself. It well within the range of effort if you can follow steps and have simple tools, and imho absolutely worth it. This is the best bang for the buck upgrade I have done to my M3 as of yet.



If you check out the stage 1 review as well, you will see that with the magnum force tube upgrade, the S1 and S2 kits become identical for performance but DO have some audible differences. The S2 kit with the full intake tube takes the midtone exhaust notes a little lower and seem to make the deep tone a little more pronounced. The rest becomes cosmetic.. the S1 kit has the sexy billeted aluminum cover and body if you lean that direction. The S2 kit with the more exposed filter certainly looks dramatic with the hood up as well.



I have never been the sort to want to take the car to a show and sit with the hood up, but with these kits installed I find that urge! *laugh*



Simply said.. do this, its absolutely worth it in performance, appearance, sound and even fuel economy!



Testing components:



Magnum FORCE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake Systems; BMW M3 (E46) 01-07 L6-3.2L 54-10462

http://ift.tt/1mReY6H;



Magnum FORCE Intake System Scoop; BMW 3-Series/ M3 (E46) 01-06 L6 54-10468

http://ift.tt/1mReYmV;







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire