lundi 26 mai 2014

bmw 325ci slow acceleration??

so I'm a 16 year old and I just bought my first car.. e46 2001 325ci. I love everything about the driving style, the steering, the comfort, the interior. it's also a convertible. however I noticed that the acceleration is touchy / slow. it's very inconsistent too. if you slam the pedal down, basically nothing will happen and the rpms will shoot way High, and the car will cruise along to about 30-40 mph and then it will take off. I notice that in most other cars (my dad has a few) the car jumps right with the pedal. not my car though. the more I read / drive it I feel silly for not buying a 330i instead. (as you can see I'm quite critical about a cars acceleration) so I'm thinking of my options to get it going the way I'd like it to (quick acceleration right from the line) and I did some basic stuff to the engine (new air filter, spark plugs, I cleaned the maximum air flow sensor, changed the oil, new oil filter.) it's improved a little and it runs perfect Now but it's still not as quick as I'd like (probably around a 7.2 ish 0-60 time). I really want it running under 7 if I could, and I'm thinking of either chipping with a Dinan chip, or selling in hopes of finding a 330 (which many people say is a worlds difference). I bought the car for $5250 with my own money and it's only got 98k on it so I don't know what I could get for resale but any suggestions to make my car quicker or find a rig that'll be more fun are appreciated. keep in mind that I don't have much money and all the mods that are available to me have to be DIY.







thanks guys!









Sent from BimmerApp mobile app




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire