jeudi 29 mai 2014

Preparing for m52b28 swap in 323i

Just as the title reads, I'm getting ready to go and pick up an engine. My car is a '99 323i that reads 277k on the odo and is currently my pizza delivery machine. It pays for itself literally every week so I can't complain! I'm starting to think that I ought to be prepared for when this motor s**** the bed, and I found an m52b28 with 170k on my local craigslist for just $600.



My reasoning for choosing this motor:

It's a direct bolt in (with slight mods)

Slight torque/power gain

Cheap

Much more boost friendly if I decide to take that route in the future



I've been talking to a member here(re46) who did the swap to his '00 323i and had hardly any trouble doing it.



My plan is to use my ecu/harness as the b28 that I'm buying has a cut harness and doesn't come with an ecu. I plan to use my radiator as it is almost brand new, and replace wear parts on the engine (suggestions on what to replace? I don't want to do a HG right away as I'm going to put a thicker one in with arp studs if I turbo.)



I'm going to daily this car with the b28 motor and prepare my suspension etc for handling some more power. I'm super impressed with the handling/braking of this car in stock form (I just did calipers/pads/rotors, suspension all has 277k on it as far as I'm concerned) so I think either some coilovers with anti roll bars or lowering springs with anti roll bars should suffice, along with subframe reinforcement and possibly an m3 rear end. Once I begin the turbo aspect of the build it will no longer be used for pizza delivery:)



My final vision for this car is a slammed sleeper pushing at least 400hp stripped with bucket seats and a hydraulic e brake, a car that makes loud turbo noises is all I really want though.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire