mardi 27 mai 2014

My M3 on 18" OZ Mito type 1 splits

Fitted my wheels for the summer. I wanted something different that hadn't been done as much so been looking on M3forum and Stanceworks to get some inspiration.



I very nearly bought a set of Oz Futuras around Xmas time but due to me being indecisive they got sold. So I looked at other possibilities. Criteria had to be something old school but not too old, 3 piece and with usable offsets in order to make them wider without having much issue to getting them to fit.



The wheels in question that I bought are Oz Mito type 1 and hadn't been refurbed as it still had the time stamp stickers of October 1999! These are also very rare and don't come up often in 18's as opposed to the type 2's with the bolts going around the centre and have yet to see another M3 with them on.



They were given to a guy called Dips from Custom Cars who mainly does bodywork but does wheel refurbs as a side venture.



So here they are in there finished form, they measure up as 9x18 for the front and 10.75x18 for the rear. Tyre sizes I went for 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 respectively and through a mate managed to get a set of Continental Sport Contact 3 all round for a very good price.



After fitting them I also lowered it another 5mm at the back and 10mm at the front which is about the limit I can do so I can get the car on my driveway and clear speedhumps.



386 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

385 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

387 by djsyxx6, on Flickr



After a trial fitment it needed an arch roll so Dips done his magic to clear a bit more room:

388 by djsyxx6, on Flickr



After fitting them on it was decided by my mate Steve to put a 5mm spacer on for the front just to push it out slightly so here they are.



389 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

390 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

400 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

401 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

402 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

403 by djsyxx6, on Flickr

404 by djsyxx6, on Flickr



Need to get centre caps made up next which I will get Raj (Fullhouse) on the case to make up some.



Comments welcome. :thumbsup:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire