vendredi 30 juin 2017

URGENT help needed!

Here's the situation - I've been living in Norway but I'm due to leave the country today and return to the UK, with the rent on my apartment finishing today as well.

I recently replaced the expansion tank after the previous one developed a crack, the coolant then did not circulate so I removed the thermostat as a temp fix. It had been working fine until just now when I parked the car outside my apartment to load my luggage - I noticed a leak coming from one of the hoses connected to the expansion tank (assume it's the o ring).

I filled the tank to the brim, half tightened the cap and left the car on idle for 5 minutes - it leaked 125ml in this time.

I can see where the leak is coming from, is it possible to try and duct tape around the leak when it's dry to try and seal it? If not, can I drive with the leak and top it off every half hour?

There are no garages open on the weekend, and most have min 1 week waiting time at the moment. Staying here any longer would also mean re-booking hotels and ferries, and finding last minute accommodation here.

Any suggestions?


URGENT help needed!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire