jeudi 29 juin 2017

Noises, Things not working, Poor Performance.. The list goes on!

After having my 2000 318i for almost a year now, I've compiled quite a list of things that worry me. I have done simple things such as drain and replace coolant, replaced oil and oil filter, replaced fuel filter, replaced drive belt tensioner and idler pulley. I know that there are many many more things that need to be done but my main issue is not knowing where to start or how to approach it. What should I do first? What's more important and something I should attend to ASAP? The car is 17 years old now and I'm not the most mechanically minded person in the would but I know there is something going on under the hood that shouldn't be. I recieved no owners manual or prior mechanical history with the car ao I have no idea what's been done and what hasn't. So obviously I'm going in blind, please help!

FIRST CONCERN
A rattling noise coming from the left side of the car, sounds like it's coming from somewhere on the left side of the engine maybe even above my suspension? Not so bad in Neutral, Worse in Drive and Reverse. It comes and it goes though so... No Idea.

SECOND CONCERN
Rough idling when sitting at traffics lights or in driveway warming up, sometimes drops down as low as 500rpm and feels like it's going to die, this comes and goes to so whether it's related to the above issue I'm not sure.

THIRD CONCERN
My central locking is very temperamental, for example some days it will allow me to lock my car other days it won't do anything even pressing the unlock button on my key has no effect. Sometimes I can't even unlock it once it's locked, hence having to sit at a shopping centre for ten minutes until it decided to unlock. The unlock doors button on centre console plays up also. Electrical issue I'm assuming?

FORTH CONCERN
Strange rattle noise apon starting the car, only lasts for a couple of seconds and then goes away. I've read a couple of posts saying it could be the hydraulic valve adjusters? Or Lifters?

FIFTH CONCERN
I know it's not a Lambo or anything but I know that it should have a little bit more guts than what it does, It just feels like it's got nothing. I'm going to replace my spark plugs and leads is that a good start?

As you can see there are a few things I'm having trouble with, whether they are serious or not I don't know so if anyone wants to give me some advice on where to start or what to begin with....Please do. I'm the only one in my social circle with a BMW and the are few decent australian forums to get information from.

Thanks everyone! Hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,
Kimberley Renee


Noises, Things not working, Poor Performance.. The list goes on!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire