vendredi 30 juin 2017

Replaced alternator and battery twice, battery light still on!

Hey guys,
I don't post too much since i can usually figure out my cars issues but today i'm really stumped! About 2 months ago the alternator went out on my 2004 330ci, the car died and the battery light came on. The battery was dead and it was obvious the alternator had given up. I bought a new Ultima alternator from Oreilly's which i put in quickly without any issues. I charged the battery and the car started right up, however the battery light was still on. I used a voltmeter and confirmed the alternator was making 13.8v across the battery terminals over the whole rpm range which led me to believe that my battery was bad since it is about 8 years old. I put in a new battery which changed nothing. I drove the car from San Francisco to San Diego (500 miles) since i had to get home with no issues along the way. I read on the other posts that sometimes the refurbished alternators are not perfect or that new batteries sometimes are bad. I pulled the battery from my m3 which has the same battery and exchanged the alternator at Oreilly's believing it was bad. Now i have the battery from the m3 which i know is good in the car and a new alternator. Battery light is still on. At idle the battery reads 13.58v, at idle with the lights and all electronics on it reads 13.28v, the gauge cluster shows 13.6v with the lights off, and with the car off the battery reads 12.25v. Anybody have any ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks


Replaced alternator and battery twice, battery light still on!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire