dimanche 22 février 2015

P1746 Code showing up PLEASE HELP.

New to this site and alreasy need help.



Purchased a 1998 328I that needed a head gasket.

Fixed the issue myself, car runs awesome, here is the issue.



If I reset the ecm, I can drive all over the place hundreads of miles with no issue's at all runs great. The minute I turn the key off and let the car sit for any amount of the time, the next time I start it up, I get a check engine light and the cog of death for limp mode. It will stay in limp mode unless I reset the ecm again. If I reset the ECM on the spot, lights go away car runs normal all over the place again until I shut it off, the the lights again on restart.



Im only getting one code every time- P1746 Transmission controll module output stage.



I dont think its with the trans because wouldn't it come on while im driving if it was?



I have also been disconnecting the battery while working on other things, could this have anything to do with it?



I am also wating on new manifold to down pipe studs (on order) so I have one out of three bolts holding my downpipe together until they arrive, no reall exhaust leak that I can hear.



Any help is appreciated thank you!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire