mercredi 25 février 2015

Damaged Oil Cooler Exchanger.

A couple weeks ago While on the road my fan clutch was spinning while I was driving. For some particular reason it came to a dead stop after I hit a certain rpm, which caused my fan to snap, making a loud BANG.



I step out my car and noticed a war under my hood. My expansion tank cracked, oil cooler got damaged, fan shroud, and both Fan clutch and the fan were everywhere. After cleaning it up and taking an L, I ordered all the parts. And did a DIY. Drained the coolant, and reinstalled my new expansion tank. Then my new fan clutch and fan blades and fan shroud. Ordered a new ATF, and Tempature sensor since I thought, might as well. Lastly I have this one issue.



I cant seem to take out my oil Cooler from the oil cooler hoses.



As you can see the bit of plastic from my fan got embedded in the oil cooler. I did research prior, BMW part 5436 is a tool used to disconnect the line from the oil cooler itself, but my plastic tip is broken from the oil cooler.



Now I'm at a lost, what should I do? Is there a way to seal it? I got a new oil cooler to replace it, if need be, but very difficult to remove.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire