dimanche 22 février 2015

Cooling system question after overhaul

Hey what's going on everyone? I just have a quick question about the cooling system. Back story about a months ago my top radiator hose blew off while idling on the coldest day in Boston. So I just used a hose clamp and replaced it, bleed it and the hose blew off two days later. So I ended up doing a full system overhaul. Replaced the et, cap, all hoses, Water pump, both thermostats , aux fan sensor (lower hose plug in), fan clutch, radiator, mounting plate, and water pump pulley. So I finally finished yesterday we had like 5 blizzards here in Boston so all the parts took forever. I bled the system and she started right up took the car out for a drive for about 45 mins and everything was good no leaks needle was at 12 o'clock for most of the drive and the temp never went higher than 92. (I could definitely tell though the car still had some air in the system because the needle moved a hair to right and right back down). So today I drove to work and home like 5 minute ride and checked it again. This time it seemed that there was coolant coming from under the et cap. Along with hearing air coming out. Finally the question is If I overfilled the system with coolant (which I know I did), will this cause the cap to release pressure along with the extra coolant in the system?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire