mardi 24 février 2015

Out with the old (Battery) and in with the new

After 6 years and 2 months the Duralast 49DL is toast. This winter has finally taken it's toll, but pretty good for an inexpensive after market battery that was widely recommended by many member of this site. Thank you! I think that was my third battery in 15 years including the original and 2 49DLs. With the 49 DL no longer available I have modernized and gone with the BOSCH Platinum Series AGM Battery Group Size H7/L4/94R for $150 at Pep Boys. 3 hours of research for a 5 minute installation. Stealership (JMK) parts department wanted $228 for a lesser battery. Also considered the Autocraft Platinum AGM from Advanced Auto Parts and the Duralast H7 AGM from AutoZone with similar specs. I figured I can't go wrong with Bosch, the specs were all similar and they are probably all made in the same factory so I went with the best deal. The fit actually seems better than the Duralast including the vent tube location and no need for a shim on top. After 15 years I still get excited about fixing and upgrading my car. Thanks for the forum to share my happiness. :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire