lundi 23 février 2015

Overfilled my E46 318i Coolant Tank

Hello, im 24 years old and I'm New to BMW's and this forum. I bought my e46 318i 2004 last week so everyday i come here to learn something new, yesterday I was driving to home and saw my temp indicator almost went to red, I was stopped so when I started running again the temp wen to normal again (12 o clock for me) and the coolant light turned ON, that moment I Knew I needed to go home and refill the coolant tank. I parked in Home and decided to refill the coolant tank in the morning. As a newbie I went and filled the tube all way top :facepalm: then had to drive to work. At some miles from home I saw the coolant light again and thought :censor: I wasted my new car. I stopped right away and opened the coolant tube to check if the coolant was missing, and it spilled a lot of coolant, frightened I sealed the thing again. After a while the car temp started to go a little high again and I stopped again, then i saw some coolant coming out of one side of the tank right in the top.



My question is, Is this normal when you overfilled the coolant? Have I messed my new car ? Will I need a new tank? Im in the office and still have not checked the car, im letting it cool down... please give me some advice...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire