samedi 29 novembre 2014

Vibration possible due to driveshaft joint.. Buying a used driveshaft

Hey guys, been chasing a vibration in the XI for a while now that has this odd vibration at around 1st/2nd gear while accelerating. My car is a 02 330XI, ~136k



After investigating and replacing numerous things the vibration is still there, the item that helped reduce it the most was my transmission bushing. Now after reading and searching online I keep coming across where people are saying that it could be the rear driveshaft joint is seized. I stumbled across a wrecked 325XI, with 75k on it and asked about the driveshaft on this unit.



Now my question is, how can I inspect this to see whether or not the driveshaft would be good in this unit? To my understanding, these joints are not replaceable as they are welded in, but then I also keep people saying buying a rebuild unit.. Well what I don't understand is how can you buy a rebuild unit if the joints are not serviceable?



I've replaced my guibo, CSB, all axles were repacked, one was even replaced (OEM). Transmission bushing, RTABs, VANOS, plugs, VCG, CCV, checked the engine mounts and they are rock solid. Tried 3 different set of tires and it's still there. Next thing was going to be the 4 rear ball joints.



How likely is it that I do have a seized joint in my rear driveshaft? What else could I check on this to see where this vibration could be coming from?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire