mardi 25 novembre 2014

Cooling system issues

Changed radiator, water pump and thermostat.

Bled the system. Couldn't do cold as my battery was weak. Electric fan came on when the temperature needle got in the middle. Checked for any leaks under, everythings fine.



Then took it for a spin, got to the gas station and i see steam coming out the hood, I open the hood, and a bunch of steam coming out the ET area, where ET connects to rad, and bleeding screw.

"Puddle of coolant on the ground, I assumed it was coming out the bleeding screw, wich i can't remember how tight it was, i think i left it a tiny bit open, in case there were too much coolant, and not to blow my ET under too high pressure."

And i noticed that warm air just started coming out the blower vents inside, before air was still cold even thought temperature needle was in the middle.

I go back home, unscrew bleeding screw, assuming i put too much coolant, alot of coolant came out of the bleeding screw/valve. I revved the engine to 3k rpm to get some extra coolant out the bleeding valve. Then i check again for leaks under while it's still running, nothing. Car has been running for about 45min nonstop. I then assume everything is fine, so i put back the engine cover, and go for another spin, i get to my friends house, and again steam under the hood.

I unscrew valve and cap, alot of steam come out, but no extra coolant.



Car now starts to overheat, and steaming doesnt stop. Whenever i take the ET cap, after i shut down the car, its like theres way more pressure than usually, the hiss sound goes for awhile, like at least 15/20sec, instead of the usual little 3-5sec hiss i used to get before i changed that leaking rad.



Could it be that upper hose?

Or maybe like I've read on here, that i need to burp that bottom hose, to get air out of inside the waterpump?



It seems somehow the pressure os very high, the hiss sound is really different than what im used to hear.

I havent did the lower hose test/burp yet, so im not even sure it get hot down in there, but i know for sure the top hose gets hot.

And the ET even vomited coolant on me once, when i took off the cap after shutting down engine, trying to diagnose this overheating issue. Luckily coolant wasnt hot, just a bit warm. A bit odd since it been steaming, but tells me that coolant is not circulating properly.



Will try the lower hose burp trick tomorrow morning, if that doesn't help, ill changed the top hose.



If none its not none of those two things, what do u guys think causes so much pressure to build up in the system? I don't think i have a big leak, as pressure wouldnt buildup as much, in my opinion.

My best bet is air in the lower hose, and building in waterpump.



Would love to hear ur twocents.



Thank you

Sorry for the long post, trying to be as descriptive as possible. Will probably post videos tomorrow if lower hose burp trick doesn't fix the issue.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire