mercredi 26 novembre 2014

Brake Noise Upon First Moving

So my 2002 325i makes an awful noise when you apply the brakes after the car has been sitting a while. The noise sounds like it is coming from the rear of the car and will happen only for 30 seconds or so of hitting the brake and then their is no brake noise whatsoever. Hopefully you can hear it in the video below as I am tapping on the brakes.



Brake Noise



I did replace the rear brakes with quality rotors and pads just this past spring and they maybe have 6000 miles on them. Car stops great and no noise once the car has been moving 30 seconds or so. Also, I can drive somewhere and park for 2, 3, or 4 hours and the brakes will not make this noise. So..... any clue as to what is making the noise?



As an aside I did replace the rear passenger wheel bearing, hub, cv axle shaft, and trailing arm thanks to the help in a recent thread I posted. The light you see on the dash is from the brake pad sensor which was pinched off (I received new sensors in the mail this week). The brake noise occurred before the replacement of these parts.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire