mardi 25 novembre 2014

Dual Channel Coolant Temp Sensor

Try as I might, I have been unable to find the relevant information searching so far, so I'm starting a thread. If you know of a relevant thread topic covering this, please point me in that direction.



That said, here are my symptoms:

Engine Codes: P0118, P0125, P0128

Temp gauge will usually read normal, but randomly rises into red for a few seconds, then drops to completely cold (high voltage condition, appears to be causing at least one of the codes). When it reads cold, idle rpm rises to ~2200 rpm, and hot start is impossible if the car is shut off (strong smell of gas, seems to be trying to use way too much gas, as if the engine is cold :rolleyes:).



From what I've read, the sensor that controls your fuel table and gauge is the dual channel sensor located somewhere on the engine block. I'd like to locate either pictures of the replacement procedure or a written guide, but an exploded diagram of the engine that shows sensor location would work as well.



I will do my best to document the repair with pictures when I get it done, provided there's not a guide out there anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help, I'm just kind of scratching my head here at the moment. :hmm: Also, if anyone in the Houston area would be willing to lend a hand, I'd love to get this knocked out this coming weekend.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire