mercredi 26 novembre 2014

M52B28Tu issues after engine mods. Please help.

Posted initially in the General section, but there was no input there. Hope someone can help me here:



I've been struggling for a while with the engine of my car.

I have done the following mods:

M54B30 Intake Manifold (adapter was designed by me)

Custom regrdound cams (252 degrees and 10.2 lift intake and 247 degrees 9.7 lift exhaust cams)

S50B32 Headers

The car was remapped at a dyno.



Ever since installing the intake manifold the car has been suffering rough idle. Initially the issue was at 5th cylinder. After that the cams were installed and the rough idle remained the same, however the bad cylinders moved to 4 and 6 (according to INPA), screenshots below.



So far I have done the following in order to attempt to fix this problem but in vain:

Full VANOS rebuild using the BEISAN kit (both o-rings and rattle kit).

All o-rings of the intake manifold have been replaced

Intake manifold gasket.

Brand new Crankcase pressure regulating valve and all pipings

Since I was not sure of the o-ring of the throttle body adapter I put silicone as well.

Brand new rubber boots between the TB and the MAF



The ECU software was downgraded to Euro 2 (only 2 lambda sensors because of the s50 headers)



When replacing the cams, I noticed that the hydrolic lifters on the exhaust side were different from the one on the intake side, also some of them seemed stuck, so I replaced them all with others (2nd hand but presumably working).



Another issue that I noticed during the remap is that there are huge drops of the torque at 4k rpm and at 6k (there was a drop before the mods at 4k rpm as well, but it was not so big)



The most common diagnosis for this issue is that the engine is sucking air from somewhere, the issue is that I think I have replaced all possible options with little to none effect.



A friend of mine suggested that this might be caused by hydraulic lifter issue but I am not really sure



The tunner that remapped the car said that he has seen similar effect from the intake manifold, but I dont understand why.



Any advices or thoughts are welcome.

And here are some screenshots and dyno of the car:



Dyno:





The blue graphic is stock

the green one is with all mods, but before remap

the red one is after remap.

The huge torque drops are easily visible







Sometimes cylinder 6 goes to normal, but cyl 4 is always out of norm




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire