dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Coolant Bleeding Issue?

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for over a year now ever since I got my 323i e46. Lately I have been trouble bleeding the coolant system after replacing upper/lower radiator hoses, expansion tank and cap and lower expansion tank hose. My lower expansion tank hose began to leak like crazy and so I decided to replace the hoses and expansion tank since I was there. I realise there is countless threads on this very topic but no matter what I do, there seems to be still air in the system (or at least I believe it is air). I've massaged hoses, set blower to low and 91 degrees and poured coolant slowly, filled the coolant up to the bleeder hole, but all to no avail. Whenever I go take a quick drive or just idling to heat up the engine to its ideal temperature, the needle beings to climb to the red and I shut off the engine at the 1/4 mark to prevent any damage. Am I following these guides wrong or could there be a failing part that I need to replace?



I should also mention that my brother used cheap coolant + tap water and I drained the radiator after the lower expansion hose began to leak but other than that I had no issues with my cooling system in the past. Is it possible to have enough bad coolant that there is some left over after I drained it out? When I look in the expansion tank, the fluid seems to be clean.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire