mardi 25 novembre 2014

A couple Maintenance related Questions

Hey All -



Doing VANOS seals and VCG here in a couple weeks. Its best to swap Solenoids at the same time as preventative maintenance, yes?



I bought a second VANOS to do the rebuild myself, so I don't know how many kms it has on it. I figured this would be a good idea, but everyone'S opinions is important for me.



Lastly, my tail lights leak water, when I open the trunk when it rains -- you get water everywhere. They are oxidising, and generally look horrible. I am wanting to replace them with a set of these;



http://ift.tt/1ztfo7U



The problem is these cost almost $400, whereas there are other LED sets that look exactly the same for sale for about $150. Normally you get what you pay for -- especially for the same product, so I am kinda budgeting in my head for this, *BUT* the difference is labeled according to build year. So, if the e46 build year is 98-01 they cost like $150. Never more. If they are 02-05 then they cost $400. Was there something different, electrically, from 01 to 02 with the facelift conversion which would cause this price increase?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire