samedi 29 novembre 2014

misfire cyl 5 troubles

Just yesterday I warned my baby up, took her for a drive, then placed her in park. after a minute or two, she began idling very roughly. It was obvious this was not normal. I quickly shut the car off, waited a minute, then started her back up. She was back to normal!



After scratching my head and having the car in park for about 5 more minutes, she began idling rough again... I then proceeded to drive up to my nearest auto parts store to borrow a code reader.



These are the codes I got:

p1351 (misfire cyl#5 w/ fuel cut-off)

p1083

p1085

p0171(vacuum leak that I've had for some time but hasn't affected drivability of the car)

p0174(^^^)



I reset the codes and started the car. She idled fine for another 5 minutes and then again began idling rough. Read the codes once again and _only_ p1351 showed up.



After a bit of research, I did the following:



Replaced all spark plugs (started car nothing changed)

Swapped 4 & 5 coil pack( nothing changed)

...Replaced #5 coil pack along the the boot (surprise.. nothing changed)



Prior to all of this I've replaced:

Fuel filter

Fuel pump



I suspect that it may be a fuel injector, but Its cold out now and I'll be waiting until the morning to swap out injectors. I'm wondering if anyone could help me out as to what the problem may be.



I would like to note that if I start the car and put her into drive and drive off, she drives fine for the most part. No missing. However, if I am waiting at a stop light for too long she begins to miss.. as well as if I just wait in park, she begins missing. Also, no smoke coming out from the tailpipe.. the only smoke that comes out is because of the cold weather.. it also doesn't smell sweet but Im not really good with scents. I'd like to rule out a blown head.



HELP




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire