jeudi 10 avril 2014

Tranny/Clutch Prblm! Need experienced advice UUC parts Installed

Hey everyone strange problem. Any help is MOST appreciated from an experienced poster, not a new BMW driver, no offense.

I have a 2001 330ci manual transmission 5 speed. 167K miles. street driven. Never tracked. VERY well taken care of and not abused. Installed is the following....



1.) UUC clutch stop installed....... http://ift.tt/1kvpMcy

2.) UUC lightweight alum flywheel and M5 clutch ($974 option) http://ift.tt/1gbLbQC

3.) Clutch delay valve removed and stainless steel clutch line installed.... http://ift.tt/1gbLc70

4.) UUC ulitmate short shifter with DSSR installed years before my clutch job..... http://ift.tt/1gbLc72



PROBLEM: Short shifter with DSSR was installed at about 110K miles and I would have occasional grinding of gears ONLY when trying to put into reverse when car was 1st started up, original BMW tranny fluid in tranny and was NEVER bled.

At about 140K installed everything else above and had Redline D4 Atf in tranny..... Drove amazing for first year or so after the clutch job. Keep in mind I never bled the clutch in my life until this clutch job and every other part is STILL original (slave, master, etc)

Clutch/brakes have not been bled for about 2 yrs now and clutch engagement point has seemed to decrease over past year. I can tell because I have to keep screwing my clutch stop further and further every couple months just to start my car up. I had gear rattle sound at idle so I put a mix recommended by Rob at UUC of Redline D4 ATF & Redline 75W140NS Gear Oil....... http://ift.tt/1kvpMt3

I did this when I first installed everything and gear rattle went down at idle significantly. After about 1 year. I noticed my gears grinding more when I would 1st start up the car and back out of the garage, put into reverse and would grind. Clutch peddle all the way down but tranny fluid not warm. This happended A LOT. Would seem to get better as car was driven.

I also had and still have gear grinding when I would down shift from 4th to 3rd. Again I would notice this more in colder weather and when tranny oil was not warm yet. Sometimes grinding would occur from 1st to second. I cant stand the gear grinding anymore!! Its worse then scratching a damn chalk board with your nails!!!:ben: I never had this problem when I first had the car are 80K miles and have been driving clutch for 13 yrs now.

I just want to know......



1.) What long term damage am I doing to my tranny and are any of the parts replaceable that I am damaging?



2.) Should I replace clutch master cylinder and slave when I go to my mechanic for my 2 yr break/clutch bleed? Esp considering my mileage?



3.) Do any of the above UUC parts have anything to do with this nightmare?



4.) Anyone have any clue how involved master and slave cylinder replacement is? Money is tight.



Thanks a lot!!! :thanks:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire