samedi 26 avril 2014

My very detailed explanation of a rear knocking noise

Hello everyone!



So I just bought my third BMW, a 330ci.

Love it! However there are a number of small issues relating the rear of the car and a few noises.



The handbrake is very very weak and the rear brakes (it sounds like) make a clicking noise at low speeds. This goes away when the car gets going and is hear when the car is in gear and in neutral or with the clutch in while moving.



It very much sounds like the retaining plate from behind the brake discs is rubbing. However the ride also seems very firm in comparison with my 325i e46 that this replaced. The car sits a hell of a lot lower than my old e46. The noise gets faster as the car gets faster and is obviously from the wheel in rotation.



I faint squeak, springy noise is hear from the rear when taking off also.



The steering seems to have a mind of its own sometimes and it feels like I am fighting the erratic behaviour of the power steering, almost like the car is steering itself.



A clicking noise when going over bumps is heard as well and sounds different to the brakes.



Now I am no mechanic. But I don't know what to do!

The car has a full service history up to 130ish (on 150 now) which is odd as the tamper dot is on but other than that the engine and gearbox are just sublime! Far better than my old e46 and that was so well looked after! The car feels so solid and is no dog but I've just bought it and I don't know what to do! What can I check!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire