mardi 29 avril 2014

Boston Area - BMW Diagnostic Scan tool

A week or so ago I replaced my leaky valve-cover gasket with a brand new one. During the valve-gasket replacement I left the intake manifold intact, just removing the airbox / MAF for extra working room.



About 2 days after the gasket job was done my 'Service Engine Soon' indicator came on; and a quick stop at Autozone yielded two codes; P0171, P0174 (Bank 1, Bank 2 are too lean).



I've since double checked the grounding wires on the valve cover, removed & sprayed the MAF with CRC MAF cleaner, ensured the silicone intake boot is tightly connected around the MAF, and even ran a bottle of Techron fuel injector cleaner thru the tank. Last fall I did disassemble the intake manifold; cleaning out the IAC, and examined the DISA valve (prior owner had replaced it) - the DISA valve looked used, but the rubber/plastic flap held vacuum & wasn't torn or broken in any way. After doing all of this I used a regular OBD2 tool to clear the codes; the codes reappeared within 75-100 miles. Despite the error codes; the car does not feel underpowered, and otherwise drives and idles as it should.



So this brings me to the subject line of this thread; does anyone in the Boston area have a BMW specific scan tool? From my research these two codes (P0171, P0174) - can be caused by an array of issues; fuel system, spark plugs, intake system etc... Bottom line, my gut is telling me these codes are somehow related to the work I performed; however the car does have 201,000 miles - so random failures are possible.



If someone in the Boston area w/ a BMW diagnostic tool (not an obd2 tool..), that is capable of reading the current/historical results of electrical component tests that would really help me out, so I can start ruling out components.



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire