mardi 29 avril 2014

2002 M3 worse oil change ever

I'm not sure why I was so bone headed on my oil change, but I appear to have used both washers on the oil filter bolt instead of one on the filter bolt and one on the drain plug. I came out of my office to find an engine covered in oil and one hell of a headache. Long story short, I removed/replaced the washer on the oil filter cap, cleaned up as best as I could (got to love the smell of burning oil!) topped off my oil, got home to do the drain plug washer and found that I must have stripped the bolt because instead of a nice 6mm hex, it was just a round circle. So I've got two questions here:



1) Do you really need that washer (I'm guessing yes, but praying no)?

2) I've never used an easy out before, anything in particular I should know about them before I attempt to use it?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire