mercredi 30 avril 2014

S54 Transmission options???

Hey guys,



New member here, nice to meet everyone. I am just getting into a not so typical custom s54 swap into a classic. I did a test fit of an s54/getrag 6spd out of a z4m, and I feel that the positioning of the engine is a tad bit too low, however, the transmission from the z4m is a little too fat (too much height/girth) in the transmission tunnel to allow me to lift the entire setup about an inch. It's also a bit longer than I'd like. The area around the bell housing has plenty of clearance for adjustment, but down the tunnel where the tunnels thin out near the shifter, it doesn't have much room to play with so I can't really raise the engine much unless I hack up the transmission tunnel.



I've read a million posts and looked at a million pictures trying to see what transmissions might be smaller/shorter but it's hard to tell. I'd like to stay 6spd if possible, but will go 5spd if necessary.



Do any of the experts out there have a suggestion for a transmission that is strong enough to be mated to the S54, but smaller than the one BMW chose? The vehicle will not be tracked and the s54 will mainly remain stock except for headers. I'm not looking for a debate on which transmission is better quality, this is more of a logistical issue.



Thanks in advance for any tips!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire