vendredi 25 avril 2014

01 325i Engine Rebuld question...well Questions!?

I recently had my 2001 325i headgasket blow and also noticed valve chatter and low power. She white smokes and sputters on take off but never overheat.



Im debating on rebuilding the engine or just swapping it. Car has 185k miles but im scared if I buy another engine whos to say it wont do the same thing. So here I am stuck with a dilemma.



Question 1: what all special tools would I need to perform a rebuild? I have rebuilt diesel engines for over the road trucks for 7 years so I have the basic tools.



Question 2: If I do rebuild what would you experts recommend I should hop up or modify to get better performance out of the engine?



Question 3: Is it worth rebuilding myself or just buying one rebuilt because of all the special tools and work needed to perform such a task?



I have access to machine shops if I need any metal mods. And I have access to parts at 10% above cost. Im just new to BMW and would like some help. Thanks and God bless!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire