vendredi 22 juillet 2016

NIGHTMARE Dealing With EONON

It seems I did not do enough research before ordering an Eonon nav system. I had seen the group buys and thought they would be reputable since they appear to be supported by the site. Huge mistake!

I received the unit quickly after ordering and installed it a couple of days later. The unit initially prevented me from locking my vehicle. There was an incompatibility with the auto-lights feature. After 10 unreturned phone calls and several emails Eonon finally responded and instructed me to cut a specific wire on the harness they provided. This was incorrect and disabled other functions. :banghead: I had to argue with Eonon for two days to send a replacement harness, which they only agreed to do with the slowest shipping method (10 day wait).

The Navigation function never worked correctly. The unit would find my location if connected through my hotspot but it would not update as you travelled, rendering the function useless. Eonon sent me some files to perform an update which did not fix the unit. Then Eonon stopped responding. I had to initiate a credit card dispute to get them to respond. Unfortunately, the car was also called in for the airbag recall in the time they refused to communicate (i gave them advanced notice) so I could not immediately return the unit. In my opinion Eonon was trying to drag the communications out past 60 days so they could reject my return. At one point they insisted that I could only return the unit if I removed any negative statements I made about them on this forum.

When they finally did agree that the unit was defective and they would allow me to return they insisted I only deserved a partial credit because I used the insurance they added for the defective unit they sent me. :hmm: They argued with me about this for 5 days before finally providing the return label. They also contested my credit card dispute.

In addition to this headache the delays in communicating with Eonon mean I am unable to return the other pieces of hardware I purchased for this installation (HVAC relocation bracket, Nav map, etc). That's roughly $150 for now useless add-ons.

Eonon is an extremely unprofessional company that does not support their products. I am really blown away by this experience. I hope is that this will prevent other e46 enthusiast from making the same mistake I did. :thumbdwn:


NIGHTMARE Dealing With EONON

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire