vendredi 31 octobre 2014

The dreaded SES light

A week ago the light came on after my wife filled the gas tank and she mentioned how the gas cap wasn't as hard to take off or put on. I figured it was a faulty cap and expected my cheap OBII reader to show it, didn't happen. The reader showed a fault but wouldn't/couldn't identify it. I ordered the 16 pin adapter for my Peake tool and it showed 3 codes, table 19 code 25, main relay 76 throttle position sensor and a misfire on cyl 6. Today I stopped at Advance Auto and had them read it and it showed thermostat circuit, WTF? After I got home I pulled the connector on the T-stat (only 2 yrs old) and put some dielectric grease on the connections as I had done to the only connectors I could get to easily near the throttle body. The MAF and DISA connections. After dinner I went back out and read the codes again and 76 is the only one that showed up so I cleared it and will keep my fingers crossed it stays off. The reading I did on the 76 code calls for replacing the throttle body ($$$) but it shouldn't trip the SES light because it's not emissions related. Any thoughts or suggestions?



__________________




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire