dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Passenger Door Won't Open

When I fixed my window regulator, and reassembled the door panel, after I closed the door, it wouldn't open. I wasn't able to open it from the inside or the outside. This thread is for those of you who are trying to open your door panel while the door is closed.



1. Make sure the window is open. It will be easier to get tools into certain spots.

2. I'm not sure if I was lucky, but by the door lock pull knob, there was a little bit of space in between the panel and the window sill. Take a flat head screw driver and pry the corner of the panel near the pull knob away from the door.Be especially careful of this area. You don't want to break the pull knob

3. Go to the upper corner of the panel near the speaker and pry that corner away.

4. Now you can work your way across the panel to meet with the opposite corner. I think there are 5 or 6 clips total across the top.

5. From here, you should be able to pull the right side and a portion of the bottom of the panel away.



That is how you get into the door without opening it. I hope this helped some of you guys.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire