mardi 28 octobre 2014

VVT/Valvetronic motor replacement tips 2004 318

My valvetronic motor is shot on my 2004 318 and Im going to replace it myself as i think it looks a fairly simple job (a decent bit less hassle than the ccv!!!!)



Im after some tips from anyone thats done it before, ive had a google and looked on here but not too much info to be found for my car.



A few things:



1)Do I need to replace the eccentric shaft sensor (i think its called?) at the same time, like a pair? The scanner has only indicated a valvetronic motor issue, but my haynes manual puts the two together like a pair to be replaced, unless I am reading it wrong.



2) Is the removal the same as some other bmws ive seen in that you manually turn the worm drive ccw to remove, then replace the motor and wind it cw?



3) Finally, will having the key in position 2 without starting the engine adust the position to suit automatically with no other input?



cheers for any advice!!!:bow:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire