mardi 28 octobre 2014

2001 BMW 330i CEL

Hey guys. Just picked up a 2001 330i w/ 66k miles. Most of you may know it as the "HEYOFFCR" car that was impounded a few years ago on here. Rebuilt by the user niL, a good friend of mine.



So I've had the car for 2 weeks now, and recently the check engine light came on. It's throwing error codes P0171 and P0174 as well as a few misfire codes (can't remember exactly which ones). I read up on it and noticed that these are common issues with the E46 models. It seems that the previous owner may have just cleared the CEL light before selling it to me. I should've had it checked out before hand. Anyway, I took it to Motorcepts out here in Queens, NY and they performed a smoke test and found 2 vacuum hose leaks, replaced that. Also replaced the spark plugs with NGK spark plugs, the previous ones were some cheap AutoZone ones. I drove the car around for literally 4 blocks and the CEL came back on. Now I am running out of ideas on what could cause the issue. I had my BMW mechanic take a look at the engine bay area. We noticed that there was an non-oem MAF sensor installed. Could that be the issue? I've read up on a lot of people on forums saying that can cause these codes as well.



Any help would be appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire