jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Set time machine to 2008.

I drive a 2004 BMW M3 with the business CD and have spent a decent amount of coin attempting to integrate my car audio with my ipod and later iphone. The finished product has never felt good enough for me.

Here is the timeline:


  • 2008 Install DICE BMW IPod Integration kit with the ashtray spec dock for an iPod.

  • 2009 Install new spec dock and DICE unit with updated voltage for 30 pin connector after Apple changes the pin layout and voltage.

  • 2012 Apple changes from 30pin to lightning connector. I purchase Dynavin D99+ with Android Nav. Nav board works twice then refuses to boot. I also relocated the HVAC controls to make way for the Dynavin.

  • 2013 Install Double DIN bezel and Pioneer Appradio, which includes cutting out the heater core shroud.

  • 2014 Apple iOS 8 makes Appradio obsolete. :censor:


At this point I want to put the business CD back in. Reinstall a DICE unit or similar and connect it to a bluetooth reciever like this and leave it in the glove box or behind.

This would provide factory fit and finish and factory bluetooth phone integration, and hopefully future proof. My only question is, would it work?



Regards,

-MD




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire