vendredi 15 août 2014

Misfire and rough idle, desperately need help!

Hey guys I'm new to the forums here and in need of help with my 2001 325i. For a few months now the car has had a rough idle that gets worse and develops into a misfire if I let the car sit and idle for a bit. It is independent of ambient temperature and vehicle (coolant, oil etc) temperature. When the misfire / rough idle occur, the car shakes, sounds awful and sometimes sputters and dies. If I'm driving and don't let the revs drop below 1k everything's fine and the car runs well. But if it idles for even a minute it always develops a misfire which makes the car run horribly, think shaking and total loss of power. If I turn the car off and then immediately start it back up its fine again, as long as the revs get to zero if even for a second. At this point I have replaced the coils, spark plugs and o2 sensors. Nothing has seemed to have helped. I checked the adjuster unit and it is also not the issue. I am beyond annoyed and fairly dejected at this point. I'm going to get my codes read again tomorrow but last time they were too lean bank 1 & 2, random misfire and bad o2 sensors (but I just replaced those tonight so that should no longer apply). If you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it, I'm at my wits end and feel as if I've run out of reasonably inexpensive things to try to fix this. Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire