mardi 26 août 2014

Rough Idle, will I ever have a month without an issue?

Hi Guys,



I have a problem with a rough / bounce idle when the engine is warm on my 2003 325ci. I have read through the forums and tried some of the suggestions within. To date I have done the following trying to fix this:



1. Removed and checked DISA, all seems fine good springy return and the vaccum holds the flap.

2. Checked upper and lower intake boots for splits, no problems

3. Removed ICV cleaned and reattached.



I have observed the following:



1. white smoke or steam coming from the rear left hand side of the engine bay (cabin filter tray removed)

2. Rushing air noise from around the inlet manifold.

3. Oil being lost maybe 1 litre every 6 weeks.

4. small oil puddles in the cam cover around the spark plug holes (clean oil, maybe the previous owner missed the filler hole)



I am still going to try the following:



1. Replace DISA O-ring.

2. replace crystalied hose on the fuel vaccum line from "F" fitting on upper intake boot.



I have had good advise from you kind chaps before and any help on this issue would be fantastic.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire